Oct 21, 2007

printed patterns unveiled!

After countless evenings and weekends spent working exclusively on this big project, I can finally announce that my Reading Pillow and Mei Tai Baby Carrier sewing patterns are available for purchase as full-sized, professionally printed patterns!

Reading Pillow Printed Pattern Front

2000 pretty little patterns arrived at my parents' doorstep this last Friday, ready to by shipped off to all corners of the earth. The patterns can be purchased directly from my website, www.montessoribyhand.net (which has a spiffy new look, btw!) I'm also offering the patterns for wholesale purchase, so if you have a sewing store - contact me for more information.

Mei Tai Baby Carrier Printed Pattern Front

For those of you lucky souls that are heading to Quilt Market in Houston this coming week, be sure to stop by Brewer Sewing Supply's booth, as they will have the patterns on display. (Yay! My first QM "appearance!") They will be seeing what kind of response they get from their customers, and based on that they might be able to take on my patterns for distribution before the first of the year - just in time to feed that holiday-making frenzy that goes on in sewing stores around the nation at around this time! Cross your fingers and toes for a good response!

One more bit of excitement - I just opened up my own Etsy store! My main storefront will still be my website, but it is nice to finally become a part of the Etsy community and tap into the wonderful, built-in crafty audience over there.

Thank you for all of your patience with the less-frequent and shorter posts during this busy time in my life. Things should be back to normal for the visible future, now that the patterns are ready to ship. Just in case you were wondering - my wonderful parents, who live in California, have agreed to do all of the shipping until I move back to the US. Three cheers for cool parents!

FYI - the Child's Apron pattern is temporarily unavailable for purchase - but not to worry - it will be coming out soon in a printed version, along with the Child's Painting Smock, Art Apron, and others!

Thanks for your support - it means so much to me!
xo,
Meg

9 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations Meg!!!!! Good luck ...I know everything will be so popular. It already is! (I saw Lesley at Moogsmum made a bunch of reading pillows for Christmas already!)

The McAuleys said...

The new site looks great--congrats on the secret project! :) I'm sure they'll do really well!

Regina said...

The reading pillow is brilliant and I'm all for wearing your children! Great designs!

Anonymous said...

I have a baby due in December and after just shortly finding your blog was worried that your pattern would not be ready in time for me. But I ordered it right now! You have a beautiful blog and I enjoy reading it.

Gift of Green said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I hope to be a frequest customer!!

Meg McElwee said...

Thanks, y'all! You're the best!

The Wooden Spool said...

Congratulations girl! I'm so happy for you/proud of ya! Wish you 'n me both could be at QM! Pine, pine, pine...some day! Love your patterns and artwork!

Mocha Sticks said...

Thanks for much for my reading pillow pattern, I'm going to try and get one ready for Christmas! Loving your blog, it's so interesting!

Anonymous said...

new polos men polos
women polosdiscount polos
summer polospolo shirts whosale
polo fashionembroodered polos
tennis racketsclothing polo
clothingedhardyshirt
edhardyclothingsummer ed hardy clothing
cheap shirtsed hardy brand