Sep 7, 2007

something's up my sleeve

child's art smock

I've been working on a child's art smock pattern for the last week or so. Wonder what this teacher does with little bits and pieces of her spare moments? Here's a peek:

Montessori By Hand Child's Art Smock

I'll be working on writing up the pattern this weekend. Lately I've been able to get a good deal of pattern design on the time card because my husband is spending all of his "leisure time" applying to grad school. Maybe, just maybe, the child's art smock will be available in a fortnight or so ... a blink of an eye and a few twirls of the hourglass!

7 comments:

Donna said...

That is just gorgeous! I'd dress my daughter in that as part of a regular outfit. I really like the button detail.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Great colors together f:)

Sharonnz said...

Love it! I'll be eagerly awaiting the pattern. (Just made my first reading pillow this morning, as a child's gift.)

Unknown said...

That is so adorable. I already commented in your flickr about it, but I had to here too. I love your color combination and the buttons.

Bethany said...

I love this! My children are bigger than that now, though :(
If I ever get my dream art classroom/studio, the smocks would be perfect!!!
I love your new banner too!!!!

Nicki said...

Great work! I love it, can't wait for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern. And I just discovered your site. I love that too. I was a montessori teacher, but my husband is in grad school, and I went back to my environmental engineering so we could afford to send the kids to the local Montessori. Montessori is such a wonderful education I wish it were more widely available to lower income families. How is it that you became a Montessori teacher in rural Mexico? brennemanfrog at yahoo dot com