Apr 1, 2007

Moleskine Cover Tutorial


Vacation! Sew what, you say? Oh, how corny. But I do plan on sewing up some new projects and finishing off a few that are on the knitting and embroidery needles during this 2 week break. Here's today's completed project, a Moleskine journal cover.

I found this tutorial from Keyka Lou, who happens to sell these at her Etsy shop, for those of you who aren't so keen on crafting.


I use my moleskine as a repository for ideas for the classroom and material making/crafting. You might consider using one for your observations in the classroom. It would also make a snazzy gift.

I've been fiddling around with a new design for the world music curriculum CD's. I might come out of this process with less hair, but I'm determined to also come out of it with a stellar CD pocket. Thus far, I have tackled one of the difficulties - how to appliqué silk dupion cut-outs of each continent onto the front pocket fabric. For this, I must heap all gratitude at the feet of two fellow bloggers - Anna Maria and Liesl, who posted tutorials on the process. I ended up using a mix of the two methods because I can't get my hands on the freezer paper Liesl uses in her process. More about this later, when I have a fully presentable CD pocket tutorial for y'all. I'll have plenty of time to work on it, as Patrick left today for his grandmother's funeral in Florida.

I miss him (sigh) and I miss what he took with him so he can continue to work while away from the desktop (sigh.) Actually, I get along just fine on this Goliath of a computer, but I just realized that my photos of the cute eggshell decorations are en route to Florida on my laptop! I have a green kitty egg to share, made by Carlos. It will have to wait.

Hey, have you noticed the new happenings in my sidebar? I'm up on Flickr, but it will take me a little while to organize the photos. Also, I've added an "Inspirational Blogs" section. If you are at all interested in tapping into this creative community, check out my recommendations. These bloggers might not be Montessorians, but they are artists who write about their creative processes, share inspiration and tips, and encourage one another in their creative endeavors. My current favorite is Anna Maria Horner - her style is so exuberant and colorful, and her writing is welcoming in a "have a cup of tea, put your feet up and chat with me" kind of way.

I hope you are all enjoying the blossoms and the weather mood swings of early spring. While it snowed a mere week ago here in mountainous Mexico, tomorrow I will be planting our onions. Go figure.

Peace,
Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It came out perfect! I'm so, so happy to discover that someone used the tutorial and it wasn't too confusing. Your cover looks beautiful.